Saturday, December 23, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Media Composer - Background Service "Status Failure"

Try this: https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Knowledge/Avid-Background-Services-not-working?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2Fuser_guide%2FPro-Tools-Documentation&popup=true


On Dec 23, 2023, at 12:41 PM, Jayasri Hart <hartfilms@earthlink.net> wrote:

I am hoping some Avid-L2 folks will be checking in even during the holidays!

Background Services turns on (green) and after about 15 seconds, turns off (red) with the message "Service Status failure."

My problem is that I am on 2018.12.15 and even though it is a subscription, I don't have the time or funds to upgrade the hardware I would need for 2023.
I made the mistake of installing Windows 10 updates and because Avid doesn't support 2018, all they could say is: "It looks like a windows or antivirus issue
The only option is to create a new user in this system and install the software from this new user."
I don't have an antivirus app installed, so it must be a Windows issue.

The PC expert at ALT Systems (Burbank) who built my system, tried everything via Teamviewer except starting with a new user. It seems that may cause more problems.

Is it possible to just turn off background services and use the CPU to transcode? It will take much longer, but at least I will know what's going on.

Thank you for your help.
--
Joyce
Hartfilms
818-414-7244
https://www.linkedin.com/in/hartfilms

No comments:

Post a Comment