Saturday, September 2, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid no longer offers any video hardware?

When I found the EOL on Avid's DNxIQ earlier this year I made an inquiry asking what new hardware was coming.  It must have been by email as I can't find a posting here.  Never got a response.

BMD no longer lists their UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 (the base for Avid's DNxIQ) from their "Products" link on their home page.  You can still find it using links from browser keyword searches, but you won't find it using search on their website.  I suppose this is foreshadowing of its retirement.

I've been lucky and found a couple of DNxIQ's on ebay that were NIB for a really good price.  I'm using the PCIe interface for control (Dell 3660T desktop workstations here), keeping the TB port purely for data transfer, all with no issues to date.  I can't provide feedback on using TB only for control and data xfer. 

I have some Dell 7770 portables with dual TB4 ports and at some point will do a test using TB for control and data.  While that doesn't mirror your Mac tech setup, the results will give me an idea of the hardware flexibility - especially for some archiving work I need to do.  Let me know if you're curious about the results.

I've had very poor transfer speed results using Apple's TB3 to TB2 adapter (I tried several) to attach a G-Raid TB2 Raid with TB3 PC devices.

Cheers,
Karl Knowles, KVI
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136319) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment