Saturday, August 19, 2023

[Avid-L2] 230818 BCC Title Studio Avid Preview Resolution Bug with stacked BCC Title Tool FX in Avid

I've been using very simple text with BCC Title Studio in Avid 2018.12.15 and it works but still is way more complex for simple things.  I have found when I wanted to have a title grow and fade up with a second line dissolving up after the top line grows I resorted to a brute force of two BCC title Studio FX stacked in the Avid timeline.  I realize it would be more elegant to create a single Title Studio effect with multiple objects but rather than basically learn something akin to Boris Red also known as Avid FX back in the day I just went for two title FX stacked.  The bug I found is the top BCC Title Studio would not appear in the BCC Title Studio Preview window when I opened up the Title Studio GUI.  I would type text and I could not see it.  If I applied the effect I'd see it in Avid but nothing of the top FX was visible in the Title Studio GUI interface.  I stumble on the Preview Resolution pull down menu top left of the preview window and found it I toggled the Preview resolution from full to half then the top FX would appear in the GUI.  Then I could toggle back to Full Preview and still see the text.  This is repeatable and I have to do it every time when opening the GUI for the top BCC Title Studio effect.  This only seems to happen when they are stacked as I haven't seen any such behavior when dealing with a single Title Studio effect.  Here's where the pull down menu is:

Inline image


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment