Thursday, May 4, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] OFF-TOPIC: Archiving Memories

QuickTime is NOT obsolete, QT player is, but the file format is not.
(But Mp4 and QT are VERY much alike if you don't want the fancy stuff, like QT ref…)

DVD is obsolete…

Archive to H264 in either QT or Mp4 and you'll be safe for the next 30 years.

Now, where did my latest post go?


Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 4 May 2023, at 18:53, Sol Fischler via groups.io <sol.fischler=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Off-topic I know, but:

In 2023, how does everyone archive their family home movies & tapes?  I'm interested in both digital and physical possible formats...
I know both Quicktime and DVD-R are obsolete, but are they still viable, and what are the alternatives?
Thanks!
-- Sol




No comments:

Post a Comment