Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] mono audio channel mapping on import ?

I don't think they would make a mistake, I just want to minimize the mouse click work for them when possible.  

But yes, I should contact our pre-dub person and find out if this will be an issue.

Jay


On May 9, 2023, at 9:38 AM, bouke <bouke@editb.nl> wrote:

I would think a half decent mixer would not make a mistake.
Renaming 'should' be possible if the files have an UUID, relink should be done based on that, NOT on filename.


Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 9 May 2023, at 16:04, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Received some audio files from an ADR session.  In their naming from the sound department they end with -01, -02, -03, etc.  These are mono files of different takes.  When I import them the files map to audio tracks based on that end number.  How can I get all these mono files to each map to A1?

I won't consider renaming the files because when this goes to pre-dub and mix they will have the originals and the AAFs will need to relink in ProTools based on the file name.


Thank you,
Jay



No comments:

Post a Comment