Friday, February 24, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Is DNxHR only Progressive?

IIRC, setting the import setting only works on transcoding on import, not on 'fast import' or AMA.
(So it will save you a trip to AE, but don't do this if not needed…)

Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 24 Feb 2023, at 09:16, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I did find through experimenting that once I made the clip a .mov the traditional import setting to lower field first did work.  I'm guessing that because these are .mxf files that's why Avid woundn't let me do a traditional import forcing it to DNxHD 220X but overriding that setting and making the traditional import impossible from an XDCam50 .mxf file.  All kinds of obstacles in the way under the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment