Friday, February 24, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Is DNxHR only Progressive?

I've found that the one offending clip is in fact bottom field first or lower field first and all the others are upper/odd field first.  Pick you favorite version of the nomenclature depending on the app you are working with.  Taking the clip into After Effects which interpreted the clip as bottom/even field first and setting the output render to interlace top field first did the trick to get a proper temporal order to the fields.  So now my curiosity is what happens under the hood given field one should start on a full line and field 2 should start on a half line how does the first line actually get processed now? I guess it just now reads the first full line at the top first and then the half line second so temporally things are straightened out.  That's what I'm seeing in the overall motion but when I think of the old crt scan lines I start to think you don't have a full line of info at the top of field two so how is it going to work.  I know I'm overthinking things after a long day.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136070) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment