Saturday, January 14, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: File Backup App (not for media)

I use CrashPlan Pro as a cloud backup. It's $10 per month per device for unlimited storage. 

Additionally, I use ChronoSync to make backups of my Avid projects folder, et al. You can configure it to run a number of ways, but I have mine set to trigger a backup 5 minutes after it detects a filesystem change. This means that 5 minutes after I hit save, it makes a copy of whatever .avb files have changed since the last sync. I have it going to a folder on my Dropbox, and my Dropbox folder is also getting backed up to CrashPlan. 

I also recently started using JottaCloud ($9.90/month) to test it out as an alternative to CrashPlan. 

I've never used TimeMachine and don't plan to. 
--
kenton van natten, post-production mercenary
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136000) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment