Thursday, December 15, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] CPU cores, speed, number of... diminishing returns?

Hey Greg,

I did briefly look at the AMD Threadripper option, but not in detail.  Time to dig a little deeper.

I am familiar with the HP Remarketing site.  I wish it was more user friendly for searching.  I never signed up for an email list, perhaps that's a better option. 

Dell's version, their Business Outlet, has been my go-to over the past year.  The inventory is feature/model searchable and Dell has been VERY aggressive with their pricing.  Each of the four "refurbished" portable workstations I've purchased have arrived in brand new condition.  And (hopefully not to sound like a fanboy) Dell offers a ProSupport Plus plan (available 1 to 5 years) that includes next day service and accident damage coverage for about $125/yr.

I use the portable workstations on the road a lot (roughly 40 events a year) so that coverage is worth it.

Cheers!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135971) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment