Friday, November 18, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Help with EditShare AvidStyle error

That's correct - spaces can be Managed, Unmanaged or AvidStyle - set when the space is created.

On 18/11/2022 14:07, Mark Spano wrote:
As far as I remember, the server volume has to be created as Avid Style in order for that to work. Unmanaged I think was typically for Premiere or other application workflow, so I do not believe it contains the Avid Style locking capabilities. I could be wrong - it's been a while since I used and managed EditShare servers. However, you may still be able to access stuff there, just without the bin locking.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 7:22 AM Roger <rogershuff@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Not sure it is that simple as the OP can access the Unmanaged media spaces ... we have a big Editshare at my university and there's more to it than that. I'm not a support engineer so I can't help further, sorry.

On 18/11/2022 12:04, Dennis Degan via groups.io wrote:
Without any knowledge of the system, I'd guess that this is a permissions issue.  Are the clients Mac or Windows?  Look for permissions . . . . 

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
        Sent from my iPhone 14 Pro Max


On Nov 17, 2022, at 11:58 PM, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:


SHORT STORY:
Help please! When I go to Enable AvidStyle and Avid AFP I get this error window popping up.  I don't know what this means or how to resolve it.  There is not an admin to contact.  System is not under support contract.

MacOS 10.13.6
EditShare 7.2.2.5

<Untitled.png>



LONG STORY:
During the pandemic a company went under.  Someone I know ended up with some gear and stuck it all in a closet.  They now want to try and get this stuff up and running and asked if I would help.  I got EditShare Unmanaged working.  I'm now trying to get AvidStyle working to be able to do Unity style bin locking.  On the Manager I made spaces and I can get them to mount on the clients.  But when I go to Enable AvidStyle (per the manual) on the client I get this message that it can't access AvidStyle files.  I have not been able to find a resource that explains what that means or how to fix it.  The system is long long out of support.  Anyone here able to point me to a decent resource?


Thank you very much.

Jay

--   With Best Wishes,  Roger Shufflebottom  +44 7973 543660  Now available – The Media Composer Companion  www.avid-companion.co.uk
--   With Best Wishes,  Roger Shufflebottom  +44 7973 543660  Now available – The Media Composer Companion  www.avid-companion.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment