Monday, November 14, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Getting embedded audio out of Resolve through Avid DNxIO?

Revisiting my Resolve embedded audio out of the DNxIO issue and I found a solution.  I installed Resolve 17.4.6 on my mid 2012 MacPro 12 core upgraded to 2x3.46GHz, 128GB Ram, RX-580 8GB OS 10.14.6.  I found in the Resolve preferences "Video and Audio I/O" in the Auidio I/O section a pulldown for I/O Engine which seems to default to "System Audio."  When I set it to "Desktop Video" I get embedded audio out of the Avid branded DNxIO.  In hind sight I think this was a change from Resolve Ver. 17.2.2 to Ver. 17.3.3.  There is a third choice for I/O Engind "Fairlight Audio Accelerator" which I assume might involve an optional card to beef up audio performance for the Fairlight world.

I don't know how I missed this months ago but just happened to stumble on it.

]I also found it problematic to go above 11.7 Video Desktop.  Tried Ver. 12 and it worked with Avid but 12.2 made Avid MC 2018.12.1 hang at initializing color panes or some such step in launching.  11.7 seems to work so far.

So here's the nutshell for my system MC 2018.12.15, Avid Download Center Video Desktop 11.7 and Resolve 17.4.6 seem to be playing nice but I haven't really hammered on Resolve.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135941) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment