Wednesday, October 12, 2022

[Avid-L2] Multi Frame Rate Festival ?

I'm working on a documentary with  a variety of sources HD, UHD, DCI at various frame rates.  I have a project for every frame rate and I ama link and transcode to DNxHR HQX then transcode to DNxHR LB for offline.  This should allow for an easy uprez.  I've got two quandries.

1)  When I ama link and transcode in the various frame rate projects I have been checking maintain clip frame rate as opposed to project frame rate.  This mandates that I transcode to a DNxHR codec.  This is not a problem but I'm curious given the project frame rate is the same as the clips frame rate does this make any difference under the hood?

2)  Once I've got everything linked to the HQX media of varying frame rates if I consolidate the sequence to save online media space will all the consolidated clips maintain the clips original frame rate?  I can't see why it wouldn't given it's a consolidate and not a transcode but wonder if anyone has experience with this?

I would think it should all be fine but this is a rare time when I'm my own AE so I'm a little rusty on the Uprezz gotchas especially with the myriad of frame rates and raster dimensions on the source clips.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment