Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Transcoding UHD Imported Graphic with Alpha to HD Issue?

You can't transcode a keyable graphic in MC 2018. This is why I'd always have editors import rather than link graphics with alphas, because when it came time to transcode, they would fail. Later versions of MC, you can.

Also: why transcode to HD? It would make more sense in a UHD project to transcode to DNxHR LB. No raster change there, and the same proxy bit rate. But the thing you're trying to do above would still fail.



On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 5:44 PM John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
I'm offlining a UHD project in 23.976 MC 2018.12.15 on a mid 2012 MacPro.  I will be onlining the final project so my workflow has been to bring in things UHD and transcode to HD for offline so my system doesn't get bogged down.

Today I downloaded an AE graphics banner to go behind my titles.  It's just temp but I'm trying to be consistent.  It was an HD graphic so I took it into After Effects and scaled it up and converted it to 23.976.  I then did a classic import into the project while in UHD format.  All is fine but when I go to transcode to HD I get an error saying there is some sort of matte key effect and that I have to reimport from the original.  Am I missing something here?  I can't transcode a keyable graphic this doesn't seem correct.  What am I missing?

Here is the error:




John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net:

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135865) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment