Friday, July 15, 2022

[Avid-L2] Can't link to Avid exported Tiff Sequence?

I can export a DPX sequence labeling it as 23.976 from a 29.97 project then go to my 23.976 project and link to the dpx sequence and get a frame for frame transcode.  Yes it plays slower but that can be more acceptable than the motion adapters etc...  I then tried the same exporting a Targa and a Tiff sequence from Avid.  When I tried to link to the Avid exported targa sequence the source browser said in could not be linked.  When I did the same with tiff and highlighted the folder containing the tiff sequence it brought each frame in individually.  Is there no option to auto detect sequential file sequences like there is when doing a classic import?  The DPX route works but I thought I could save some space doing a tiff or targa sequence.  I'm on Mac Pro mid 2012 MC 2018.12.15.  I have always been able to link back to my DPX exports so why not a tiff or targa sequence?  What am I missing?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment