Monday, June 27, 2022

[Avid-L2] The Joy of Bugs

I started my new project using MC 2020.12.5 to get use to the new interface but when it came to importing stills it acted bonkers.  It was like a cache was filled with the previous import and depending on the size of the new still to import it would have the previous still sticking out of areas that the new still didn't cover of the old still.  These stills were importing to fit to raster but not to stretch, the bottom option button.  Many reboots but no luck.

I then went back to a MC 2018.12.12 startup drive and the imports worked fine.  All drives are running Mojavi 10.14.6.  So I figured I'd just stick with that.

Today I go to drop on a Boris BCC Pan and Zoom and Avid crashes.  Tried several times but kept crashing.  I finally made a new project on the 2018.12.12 drive and migrated the original bins.  Now I could drop on a BCC effect without a crash.  I was running BCC V.11.  Thought I was out of the woods then I put on a BCC Pan and Zoom and did a stills move which worked.  Then I noticed the Timeline was in 8 bit mode green.  I switched to Green 10 bit and Avid crashed again.  Tried new users projects but every time I applied a BCC, tried Gausian Blur and Pan and Zoom, but nothing worked.

I then upgraded to MC 2018.12.15 with no success.  Finally I upgraded to the latest version of BCC and finally things worked in green 10 bit timeline.  I haven't been doing much work on my system after the first 6 months of the Pandemic but what a cluster flop of issues.  I know I'm nursing an old cheese grater but this was just a whacky night of issues.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment