Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Sony FS7 and FS6 in camera audio quality?

Capabilities are there: these cameras can record 48k uncompressed audio. But I would not rely on their preamps. As line inputs, they should be OK, but directly connecting mics to the cameras is never great. I don't know any camera manufacturer that puts decent (non-noisy, high headroom) mic preamps in their cameras. Probably for the best - lots of other things in those cameras that make noise…

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 8:28 PM John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
I'm going to be starting a project in a few weeks.  They are shooting on Sony FS7 and FS6 cameras.  Not sure if it will be double system sound or not.  I never deal with the offline side of the equation so I'm wondering is the onboard audio on the FS7 and FS6 decent quality.  IIRC there were various SLR formats where the audio wasn't so great and also out of sync.  I haven't heard any complaints from FS7 material but again I'm not usually in the loop on the audio track sources.  I'd prefer to not have to deal with dual system audio if possible.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135844) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment