Sunday, May 15, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid MC 2019.12.5 Floating Panels vs. Bins opening in Active Bin? Titler+ Promoting

Many systems are maintained at a certain level because it works well for them.  Why change to a newer version if the application is working well for you?  That seems to be the point of view at ABC, where I'm working weekends.  They're on an older version and it's solid and reliable.

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
        Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus


On May 15, 2022, at 11:29 AM, Chris Bové <chris.bove@avid.com> wrote:

Hi John.  I'm sure you're on 2019.12.x because that's what the facility you're working at has installed.  If there is any possible chance you could upgrade to a newer version, especially 2022.4, I'd recommend it.

Development of MC is a constant focus on the next release, not in going back and bolstering old ones.  So by running 2019, the facility is missing out on three years of fixes and actual feature changes -- as I'm sure you can imagine.  The two things this is most apparent on is how bins and tools work, and in the titling apps. 

That being said, I came from the PBS system, and know all about being forced onto a specific version.  No worries there.  I often cheated... I was not allowed to upgrade the Win10-based MC that was attached to the ISIS 5500 we had, but I was totally allowed to upgrade the MC I had installed on my email computer.  So I ported a lot of workflow over to it... and... don't tell anyone... but also connected the main Avid's ethernet cable to my email computer when nobody was looking ;) 
--
Chris Bové

Online Community Manager, Avid
chris.bove@avid.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment