Tuesday, May 17, 2022

[Avid-L2] Mac Book Air vs. IPad Pro?

I started freelancing at a place and bay swapping is the norm.  It's time for a new laptop/Pad.  I see the IPad pro has a keyboard, I hate touch screen.  My old 2009 MacBook Pro 17 inch won't boot so I'm limping along with an old mac book but it's unreliable. 

I'm not looking for a super robust workhorse but mostly emails and possibly light duty work in Adobe or Avid.  Does the IPad Pro even work like a laptop?  Is it conceivable to run Avid on a Mac Book Air?  I'm just starting to look and I need it somewhat small and agile but it would be great to be able to do small Avid work like opening bins to check things or manipulate them.

I suppose I could just update to the latest MacBook Pro 16 inch but I'm trying to weigh my options.  Any suggestions welcome.  I'm just not much of a PC guy these days but I do know I could get more bang for the buck going PC.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment