Thursday, April 21, 2022

[Avid-L2] HP Z8G4 vs Dell 7920 builds

I had a little spare time during and extended rendering on a Z820 which motivated me to custom build an HP Z8G4 as well as a Dell 7920 with pretty much identical components.  To my surprise the Dell came in almost $5k under the HP unit.

I've been an HP workstation user since day 1 of MC.  I have and use Dell Precision portable workstations for non-editing applications but never had one of their desktops.

Does anyone have experiences comparing performance/issues between the two that they would care to share, especially some insight into the nearly 30% price difference?

Cheers,
Karl Knowles
Tallahassee, FL
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135793) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment