Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid Sequence Exports Great But With No Audio

Yeah, I chiming in that it could be a setting in QT as to what output device to use, or it could be a setting in your System Settings / Sound panel.  

If you want to check that there is audio on the file you are exporting you can link to it in Avid and throw it into a sequence and then turn on waveform display and see if you get squiggles, or if it's a flatline.

Jay


On Mar 2, 2022, at 12:41 PM, Dennis Degan via groups.io <DennyD1=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:


It is open; I'll have to check that when I am at the computer later tonight.  I don't recall that being an issue in the past, but it's worth checking.

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
        Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus


On Mar 2, 2022, at 12:56 PM, Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com> wrote:

Is your Media Composer open while you trying to play in QT? I know that Media Composer very inconveniently mutes system audio while it's open, and I often have to put the system volume back up to play things in other applications while MC is open. Just a thought.


On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 12:29 PM Dennis Degan via groups.io <DennyD1=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:


Group,

I'm attempting to export a 1280x720p sequence from my 2018.x Avid (Mac 2011 laptop running Sierra with 16GB RAM).  The export works fine, making a very nice H.264 video file.  But the resulting .mov has no audio no matter what I do.  The original sequence has 4 tracks of audio that are set to be monitored in stereo.  I can hear all 4 tracks when playing the sequence in Avid.  When attempting to make the export, I have made certain that the QT setting dialog box for audio is checked and the settings are for 48kHz sampling with 24 bits like the original PCM Avid tracks.  But even if I use other codecs like aac, there's no difference; no audio is heard, even though the export has audio tracks.  I am sure that audio tracks are being made.  There's just no audio heard on the exported file.
The Avid export dialog is set to 'both video and audio'.  The audio tab is set to 'stereo'.
Exporting from Avid with both audio and video has worked in the past with this system.  I don't know what's different that's preventing audio from being included in the export.
Any thoughts on what I might have missed?

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
       Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus








No comments:

Post a Comment