Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA Link heartache in a remote shared environment

I was able to get the original files and get them to Link on my system.  I then transcoded those source clips.  And was able to get the sequence to relink to the Avid MXF media.  From there the distribution of media and bins became normal again.

One weird quirk I discovered along the way though.

If the sound file was used in it's entirety in the sequence it would no relink to the Avid MXF media.  I had to trim it in the sequence and then it would relink.  I discovered this while testing before getting the actual files from the remote user.  I did not take the time to do extensive testing.  Like do I only have to trim the head, or tail, or either, or both.  But this was just something I noticed.  

Jay


On Feb 26, 2022, at 9:16 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I've found at times if I had ama clips offline if I re ama link to the source files then the original offline clips get a nudge and they relink to the files.  It's always a cat and mouse thing.  If you don't have the original file to re ama link to that may not be an option.  Perhaps IIRC  you could consolidate only the linked clips on the sequence to a new mxf folder.  How silly are you for using Avid on a remote project?  Everybody knows Adobe is way better with media management and collaborative workflows!!!  NOT!!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment