Saturday, February 26, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA Link heartache in a remote shared environment

This person is averse to being accommodating. They openly hate Media Composer and would prefer to work with PP. And they are related to the producer. Who I probably have to get involved again. This is not the first issue that has come up. I'll be lucky to get the source audio files before next Friday. If ever.

A true nightmare.


Jay


> On Feb 26, 2022, at 7:49 PM, JBeck <jb30343@windstream.net> wrote:
>
> Jay, I've been through this and similar issues many times. Even with
> technically limited editors it's possible to slowly walk them through
> transcoding their sequence. You just need to do it step by step. It's
> more difficult, but still possible, with people who are just averse to
> following instructions. You just sit on the phone with them and break
> it down into little steps. The easiest thing, of course, is if you have
> a way to remote into their computer. Seems like once I had someone use
> Facetime and point their phone at their screen. Good luck. --J.B.
>
> Jay Mahavier via groups.io wrote:
>> I have a complete lack of faith in the ability of this particular
>> remote editor to be accommodating or technically proficient. I'm
>> going to do some more testing on the systems I have direct access to.
>> Maybe I'll figure something out. I was hoping that someone on the L2
>> had already worked this issue out before. I'll post here if I do get
>> something reasonable to work.
>>
>> Jay
>>
>>
>>> On Feb 26, 2022, at 5:59 PM, Frank Felker <FJFelker@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:FJFelker@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can the remote editor with the AMA links transcode the clips or the
>>> edited sequence to your preferred resolution?
>>> Can they export an AAF of the edited sequence?
>>>
>>> Otherwise, if you get their bins and the original files, you may be
>>> able to re-link to them and then find a way to move those clips into
>>> your desired mxf media format.
>>>
>>> Good luck, let us know what you do.
>>>
>>> frank felker
>>>
>>> On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 5:59 PM Jay Mahavier via groups.io
>>> <http://groups.io/> <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io
>>> <mailto:icloud.com@groups.io>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was really hoping this nightmare wouldn't happen, but alas.
>>>
>>> The setup is 4 different work from home locations. One of them is
>>> very removed in distance. So I have a central location that MXF
>>> media gets loaded to and then each remote station downloads the
>>> media updates. Bins are shared between the different locations
>>> and since it's all Avi MXF media everything just links up and is
>>> online.
>>>
>>> UNTIL…
>>>
>>> After having been explained multiple times that AMA Linking to
>>> media will not work in a remote shared environment, one of the
>>> 'editors' has done exactly what they were told not to do. They
>>> Linked to a bunch of audio.
>>>
>>> So how do I deal with this? Technically, not interpersonally.
>>> What is the solution to get this bin/sequence from them that has
>>> linked audio and then get it converted to Avid MXF media? Can I
>>> import on my end and relink the sequence? Can I batch import? I
>>> mean I've tried some of this and it has not worked, but maybe I'm
>>> doing it wrong. I rarely deal with AMA linking and when I do
>>> it's very specific and on single workstations, no sharing.
>>>
>>> Do I have to get the original files from them, import them and
>>> re-edit all the audio, and reset all the levels on the clips? I
>>> mean if I have to I will, but just wondering if there was a less
>>> soul crushing way to get it done.
>>>
>>> The remote editors are on v2018. I have access to v2018 and v2021.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Jay
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#135668): https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/message/135668
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/89419748/2971402
Group Owner: Avid-L2+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/leave/5759084/2971402/1548653033/xyzzy [administrator242.death@blogger.com]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment