Sunday, February 27, 2022

[Avid-L2] Sony BVM-300/310 Input Basics?

In a newly setup bay with an iMac/Pro, BM Ultra Studio mini and a used Sony BVM-300 or 310, I'm not in the bay now to check.  There are two sets of SDI inputs.  SDI 1 is 4 3G BNCs and SDI 2 is 4 BNC that says 12G.  From this it seems SDI 1 is more designed for Quad or perhaps Dual Link but I guess no single link.  SDI 2 handles single link and I'm thinking the other flavors of dual up to quad.  Having had little exposure to these monitors until now are they all the same in this regard.

I had thought there was a provision to set an input up for Legal or Full Range Video but I didn't see that in the menus.  I didn't dig deep but I've been under the impression that is a setting.

Can anyone with more experience shed some light on this input basics for the Sony BVM 300/310?

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment