Friday, December 31, 2021

[Avid-L2] MC 2021.12 on a new MacBook Pro Max 2021

My understanding is that 2021.12 is supported on an M1 Mac running Monterey (according to the Knowledge Base as of Dec. 17, 2021). Good timing, because an M1 Max MacBook Pro that I ordered in November arrived last week. This week I tried to make some minor client-feedback changes involving graphics on a roughcut from a week earlier. Two issues: 1) The Input>Import Media function seems to be broken for most media formats; 2) Media Composer will not finish quitting, so I have to force-quit after it has saved the project and bins.

I was able to option-drag a new .mov graphic (ProRes 422) into a bin and then transcode it. However, several animated titles needed to be composited; they were ProRes 4444 with alpha. Option-dragging them into a bin created clips with the alpha reversed.  My settings are for "invert on import" but it's not working because I can't import. Testing things, I found I could import WAV and AIFF audio files, but no video or still files (mp4, mov, png, etc.). I can't select import options because I can't import.

I have a support ticket open, but it's not going well. (I'll spare you the details.) This morning I tried a few things, checking at each step to see whether I cured anything: 1) created a new Avid user; 2) uninstalled then reinstalled 2021.12; created a new Admin user on the MacBook Pro 2021, then created a new project with new user settings. No joy. Still have the same issues: can't import, can't quit.

Has anyone had success with Media Composer on a new MacBook Pro 2021? TIA -- Mark Block (Oh, and Happy New Year!)
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135592) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment