Saturday, November 6, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Disappearing Renders

John, it's worth a try!
A support ticket is the next option.
I am on a workstation, nothing shared.
I am going to try to throw the renders
to a different drive and see what that does.

On Nov 5, 2021, at 7:33 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I've been on a Nexis with MC 2018.12.15 this week and there is a render workspace.  All of a sudden my renders would crank out and then disappear.  It happened twice on 20 minute long render of several 1 minute safe color effects.  Then I did one effect and it stuck but then a few minutes later, maybe after a shut down and restart it disappeared as well.  I found the media files on the render workspace.  I deleted the media database files but they didn't rebuild like normal.  I pulled the one mxf subfolder out of the mxf folder and forced avid to create a new one.  Then I dragged all the files  back into the newly created subfolder.  Database rebuilt and voila the renders popped up online.  This may not be your problem but maybe a database recreation and or creation of a new subfolder on your external SSD might get rid of some funkiness.  I've not spent much time on Nexis platforms but I think little quirks like this are more common on shared storage than on my usual online dedicated storage systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment