Thursday, November 4, 2021

[Avid-L2] Latest Neat Video AVX for Avid Buggy?

On a mac trashcan with Mojave.  We installed the latest Neat Video Avid plugin for the MC 2018.12.15.  It works sort of wonky.  Some is probably cockpit error but according to another editor at the facility he's seen strangeness too.  I'm more use to the version 4 Neat Video but it's still a bit of a mystery box interface.

What I'm seeing is I'll make a drastic noise setting manually just to see the effect and I apply it.  While in effects mode I see the softening etc but if I switch out to edit mode the effects results disappear and rendering the effect doesn't show any noise reduction.  Then I'll redo the effect and it works but the effects on the shot are much more pronounce when in effects mode than when in edit mode.  It's like the noise reduction effect drops by half the effect when in edit mode.  Has anybody seen this sort of behavior.  I don't recall every seeing this issue on my Ver. 4 Neat Video at home.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment