Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Mac Sandisk Ultrafit USB3 128GB flash drive failure #OffTopic

I have found Disk Warrior to be indispensable.

On Oct 20, 2021, at 5:33 PM, crispinmholland <crispinholland@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks all for your responses.
"you've checked it's not a cable issue?" - The drive is tiny: it sticks out 5mm from the USB slot.
"TechTool Pro, Disk Warrior" - very happy to buy if they are the right tool to find a drive that can't be found!
"Re-start computer" - not a silly idea at all.
"perhaps it's formatted in a mac centric format" - yes, it is Mac formatted, normally used on a MacBook Pro.
and I can't get Disk Utility/Terminal to find it at all on my Mac Pro 2012 or on my Window 10 PC laptop... although I tried the USB drive in both the Mac Pro and they Windows laptop and it almost mounted in both - then gave up... so there might be some life in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment