Thursday, October 21, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Mac Sandisk Ultrafit USB3 128GB flash drive failure #OffTopic

I believe Damon said the stick is "Mac formatted" -- but for the record, yes, ExFat formatted drives occasionally get flaky/corrupted on Macs.

I have a back-up drive with 3 partitions -- 2 Mac formatted, and 1 ExFat so I can transfer large finished videos from my clients' PC workstations for my sample reel.  Every so often, the ExFat partition refuses to mount, even though the 2 Mac partitions mount without issue.

Although the partition doesn't appear on the desktop, it is reflected with a generic drive name in Disk Utility -- disk0s4, or something to that effect.

There is a Terminal command process that brings it back.  I found it online, but if anyone needs it, PM me and I'll send it along.

-- Sol

-------------------------------------------------
Sol Fischler
Editor: Image & Sound
914-525-2579


On Thursday, October 21, 2021, 02:45:07 AM EDT, TrevorA <groups.io@siempre.free-online.co.uk> wrote:


Was it ExFat formatted? Had a few drive issues around these corrupting, possibly not being properly ejected.

Equally I've had a few SanDisk thumb drives give up the ghost in the past. Have always chucked + repurchased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment