Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Mac Sandisk Ultrafit USB3 128GB flash drive failure #OffTopic

Since you asked for other ideas, I'm just going to blurt out "TechTool Pro" -- although I've never had to actually recover files, so all I can say is they advertise that as one of its uses...

For the record, I have a 128gb flash drive that takes an eternity and a half to mount, and equally as long to open the files once it does mount --
...leading me to ask if maybe there's a limit to the optimal size of a flash stick, and if 128 in general is too large...? 

-------------------------------------------------
Sol Fischler
Editor: Image & Sound
914-525-2579


On Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 01:14:06 PM EDT, crispinmholland <crispinholland@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello all
My daughter's Mac Sandisk Ultrafit USB3 128GB flash drive suddenly failed without being fully backed up...
The Red light is flashing on it.
It does not show up at all in Disk Utility or the Terminal.
Its presence is noted on my PC laptop, but not on my Mac Pro 5.1 (although the red light flashes).
I own Disk Warrior 4.4 but it's too old to run on my Mac - would Disk Warrior 5 be able to resurrect this thing?
Any other ideas for a Witch Doctor programme that can find/diagnose/wake up/fix/extract files etc?
Thanks for any advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment