Thursday, October 21, 2021

Donate your unneeded stuff! was - Re: [Avid-L2] Anyone need 2tb drives?

Hi all,

I'm jumping this for a totally off-list reason:

We are all working on 'puters and components that might have been ended their life from our perspective.

Well, we here (Austria, "old world") have an "NGO"  that is collecting "old" computers and parts, get them set-up by experienced (even retired by now) individuals, putting together _your_ left-over parts, configuring and setting up a new system. And they then just donate it to the people, which cannot afford any computer.

Wherever you are: you can set up the same, same big scale. Or at least: animate others to do the exact same thing!

I do not know about your individual communities, but: me, personally, I did rather give this group all I have before get it dumped, trash it, maybe even pay for disposal.


It's 2021, Avid still is sometime like Meridian - but here's the catch: you can change the future, at least help, enable other to do thus.


sry4justtelling you.




Best

Jo


Jochen "Jo" Hermann
filter Media Postproduction
Salzburg, Austria

On 21. Oct 2021, at 17:03, Secret HQ <Greg@secrethq.com> wrote:

I retired my Terrablock a few years ago, but kept the drives.  Turns out I have plenty of spinning media and really haven't found a use for them.  I'm pretty sure the drives are 2tb WD enterprise drives, so they're good drives, though very very likely out of warranty now.  Still, you know, free.  
 
I have a box of 20 looking for a new home, free to you if you take them all.  I'll even pay the UPS bill.  I hate making landfill when it can be avoided.
 
gh
 
Greg Huson
GK Huson, LLC
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Greg (at) SecretHQ.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment