Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] HFS+ APFS G-Speed XL and Encryption ???

As far as I know, you should be able to format and encrypt in Mac OS Extended as well. At least I have both APFS encrypted and Mac OS Extended encrypted options available to me under Mac OS 10.14.6. 

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 3:07 PM Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've been handed a G-Tech G-Speed Shuttle XL and asked to format it so that it would be Encrypted.  So that you need a password to mount the drive and access the data.  On our Mac (Big Sur 11.2.3) the only format option with Encryption is APFS.  But my understanding is that these arrays should not be formatted as APFS.  But finding current info or even info that is specific to this model of G-Speed is not coming easy for me.

Does anyone have definitive info from G-Tech/WD about this?  I've sent them an inquiry but I don't know how long it'll take to hear back.

Thank you,
Jay






_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135492) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment