Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Uprez for Delivery

Thankfully this is a short narrative film, single camera.
Can't thank you guys enough for chiming in,
this sounds pretty solid.

Now to find a basic best practices tutorial on autosyncing clips in MC. I know Resolve will create a sequence based on all synced clips on a camera card.
Looking to see if there is a similar function in MC.

On Aug 11, 2021, at 4:08 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I've had little to no issues when offline ama linked to the 4K and transcoded to dnx 36.  I then re ama link to the 4K and consolidate the entire clips first.  I've been mainly working with Varicam 35 AVCHD media.  You can skip the consolidate entire clips step and just ama link to 4K  and relink the sequence to them then consolidate the sequence.  On most of my shows it's a multi cam stage performance so I have very few but very long clips over an hour each.  I've found that just ama linking can be a little unstable so I did the pre consolidate so Avid was more stable.  This was not as bad as it sounds due to the total number of camera clips would be around 40 to 50.  It gave me a reliable relink so when I got late changes it was as simple as mounting the consolidated clip hard drive in a dock and just consolidating the new material.  For a typical documentary with lots of various sources it wouldn't be practical to pre consolidate but the ama link should work.  In a documentary I guess I would ama link to as many original sources I could and consolidate those then move on to the next batch, rinse and repeat.

Chip Hess
CFH3 Media



No comments:

Post a Comment