Thursday, August 26, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid Perpetual License Price Increase?

One more caveat: Some perpetual licenses allow you to run older versions of MC. Subscriptions (new ones) won't let you use anything older than 2018.9.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Media-Composer-2019-x-Licensing-Backwards-Compatiblity-Matrix

On 26 Aug 2021, at 21:05, Mark Block via groups.io <eatapc=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 02:04 PM, Job ter Burg (L2) wrote:
A. CROSSGRADE to MC Ultimate with a 2yr discount, but you lose your perpetual license
B. KEEP your Perpetual license (and let it lapse) and start a new MC Ultimate subscription (no discount, but you still keep perpetual)
C. STAY on Perpetual and keep paying for the renewals until you don't need them anymore.
Geat explanation. Thanks. Since I own Symphony (and my Perpetual license doesn't expire until next summer), I'll keep it and let it expire. Am I to understand that if I then buy the lower-cost standard subscription, I can continue to use the Symphony license I own? That would be very nice. As a freelancer working from a home office, I don't need shared bins/projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment