Monday, August 9, 2021

[Avid-L2] Uprez for Delivery

Hello all,

Need some advice. Been on Avid for some time, but a short project I picked up will be a new experience. This will be shot 4K, and will need to use "proxies", probably LT 1080. Editing in that format, but will need eventually to link back to the original 4K for delivery. Unless the offline editor does that for us. In any case I want to know the process. I'll be linking to cam files and transcoding.

Then edit.

I am guessing the AMA links to original files are what I will use to re-encode, to uprez and create the final 4K sequence. Have I got that right? Or is this a process at the sequence level? I may be making this more difficult than need be, but I do want some 1-2-3-4 etc. step guidance. I figure this is the place for it!

iMac 2014 27"
32GB RAM
Mojave
MC 2018.9

Thanks in advance.
  
Chip Hess
CFH3 Media



No comments:

Post a Comment