Thursday, July 1, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Huge closed caption conform task - ugh!

A bit late at the party…
I can probably make something that does an offset on SCC (in batch)
(I have done it years ago, but that code is ancient and won't run on Catalina / Big Sur)

It's quite easy. The SCC has human readable TC's, while the layout / command / text data is in gibberish (you need a matrix to decode), and that has some form of checksum IIRC.
Send me a couple and I'll have a look.

Also, trimming X seconds from top / tail and convert to another codec is very easy to automate too.


Bouke

www.VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248
To send files, go here:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 1 Jul 2021, at 06:25, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Well dang !!!  I had no idea.  I'm so use to using SubCap that I had no notion that you could directly import scc files.  I was able to lay them in agains picture, trim the tracks, and export it back out and it seems to work.  Now to send it off to Roku and see what they say.

Thank you very much for the word.


Jay


On Jun 30, 2021, at 6:01 AM, Bob via groups.io <Bob=russo.studio@groups.io> wrote:

Media Composer can import a .scc file and create a data track. The issue is it will only be SD, not very useful. Drastic Tech ccConvert can flip this to an AAF to be imported into Media Composer.


No comments:

Post a Comment