Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] AvidFX Still Image scaling?

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 12:56 PM, John Moore wrote:
MacPro 5.1 64 gig ram, RX 580 8GB GPU, OS 10.14.6, MC 2018.12.12.  I got a project with AvidFX used for still moves.  It's not an interface I've spent much time in.  I can import the stills as it will search them out when I hit search.  I've always been amazed how fast Boris Red etc... found needed material.  How do they do that so quickly? 
 
Sometimes I can see the images in the AvidFX interface and sometimes I just see the dotted box outline.  I found if I adjust the Z position I can make the invisible stills visible but then when I save the effect back to the Avid timeline they are the wrong size.  If I just let them be invisible in the AvidFX interface and save the effect back to the Avid Timeline they work and match the offline.  The more important problem is the still images are not scaled to video level.  I know that AvidFX are way EOL'd and the interface is incredibly laggy and quirky on my system.  When I go to AvidFX preferences from the AvidFX interface I see the first preference tab but can't seem to click on the other tabs, liked they are greyed out.  Similarly if I right click on the still image in the timeline the choices of search, replace and reveal pop up but they too are greyed out.  I'm wondering if anyone who has used AvidFX in the past knows if this might be a mac thing or a mac OS thing.  I know it's EOL'd but it's what I've been given.
 
Perhaps I can go back to an old startup drive for 10.13.6 and see if that helps.  Any suggestions are welcome.
 
John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

 I discovered today with one of the more elaborate still animations in AvidFX there was a BCC Witness Protection effect.  Running Mojave with MC 2018.12.12 the witness protection just showed as black but I back revved to OS 10.13.6 and now the Witness Protection works.  Unfortunately the still are still coming through Full Range.  My next step will be to use photoshop to adjust the level from 0-255 to 16-235.  More googling in my future.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135320) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment