Monday, June 21, 2021

[Avid-L2] OT: No Traces on Tektronix WFM-7020?

I haven't been working on my home system in a while and today when I fired up I found there were no traces showing and the input is unlocked on one of my Tektronix Scopes.  I verified I have a valid signal with my 2nd Tek Scope.  When I went to configuration and checked in Utilities it says it doesn't know what type of scope it is and the option key is invalid.  I'm wondering if that would explain the lack of traces etc...  I have my scope connected on ethernet to access screen grabs etc...  Could somebody have hacked my scope as the network is hooked to the internet?

I'm reaching out to my old Tek contact and will contact Tektronix directly but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced or heard of such an issue.  I guess a component failure might also account for this issue but the scope displays everything including graticules but no traces and it passes every start up diagnostic.  Weird.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment