Tuesday, June 22, 2021

[Avid-L2] Is the Z8 G4 a solid/stable performer?

Lately most of the work I've been doing is corporate long-form HD.  A recent influx of projects requiring a lot of post-processing reminded me of how dated the Z820 is.

I've been pondering an upgrade to a Z8 G4, mildly tuned for 4K work.  They've been out long enough for lease returns to be available at reasonable prices, and even ordering a moderately spec'd new unit from HP is within the budget.

HP workstations have been reliable workhorses for me since the first days of Adrenaline.  However, I'm not adverse to considering a Dell workstation, I just don't have any experience with the desktops, only their portable workstations (which has been good).

I'm curious to hear if anyone has gone with the Z8 and if so what your thoughts and experiences were.

If anyone found Dell desktop workstations to be exceptionally solid performers please chime in.

Cheers and TIA!

Karl Knowles

Tallahassee, FL

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135296) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment