Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Way OT: Adobe CS6 updater ???

The Avid L-2 is a bastion of all sorts of technical expertise.  Given Avid's abysmal Titler+, Pan and Zoom for Stills and lack of attention to the symphony coior corrector people are forced to use Adobe, Resolve, FCPX and other non Avid solutions in their Avid workflows.  I'd love to live in Avid and never use these other products but I have to.  All of these questions have relevance to the Avid L2 community and because we come from an Avid common ground L-2ers approach other software differently than those that have no Avid experience.  There is certainly not the volume of traffic there once was with many using Avid Editors on Facebook snd other resources but I've yet to find another comparable group with a better signal to noise ratio when it comes to sorting out technical problems.  There is also room for some irreverence.  You could say Bob Zelin beating some one up for not having a patch bay is not Avid related too but then he'd have to get his shot gun out.  ;-)  



On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 05:19 PM, Jo's Mailinglists wrote:
That’s not the point, imho.

The point is the question: is Jay Mahavier running a 32- or 64-bit OS? Is the updater 64-bit certified (I guess not)? - What is the place to look for more info on this issue? Avid-L2?

I’m no list-police, however… this is Avid-L2, not an AMA. Imho.

So let’s help Jay in the first place and then move on to Avid-centralized questions.

Thank you for your understanding.


my 2¢


Best

Jo



On 6. May 2021, at 01:30, JBeck <jb30343@windstream.net> wrote:

Where does discussion of lefse, turducken and John Moore’s favorite hot dogs fit in? JB
On May 5, 2021, at 6:12 PM, Jo's Mailinglists <lists@filter-media.net> wrote:

If I might chime in here:

this is Avid-L2.

all Adobe-stuff should be on any other list, however, and since Avid-L(2) was and is always a good pot to stick your finger in:

I, personally, don’t have any idea how to update your installed AE-version to the latest available version. However, fwik, some Installers, even on Adobe’s side, only are working on 32-bit OS-systems. Since in the blur I read your are running High Sierra (10.13.x) you are on a 64-bit system. It seems to be possible the installer for CS (not CC) is prone to be run on a 32-bit system.
And that’s where we are: just my guessing, you might want to dig into that further.

And, sorry to say:

This is Avid-L. Do not expertiese but hope for some useful comments. Don’t feel nixed!

All the best


Jo

On 5. May 2021, at 19:11, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Due to unfortunate combinations of technology I had to do a clean instal of a system running on a Mac trashcan. It didn’t want to restore from the TimeMachine backup. I think it’s got something to do with the TimeMachine drive is Mac Extended while the boot drive on the workstation is APFS. Ugh.

Well, anyway, down to the real reason for the post. I’m reinstalling everything and I reinstall my copy of CS6 Production on there. When having to do this in the past all the updates were taken care of via Adobe Manager and then Creative Cloud scan the apps and saying ‘hey, you need some updates, click here to run the updates’. I would click and it would update the software. Well, I guess CS6 is so far out of support that Adobe has pulled all the updaters so now I can’t update CS6. And now After Effects is stuck at v11 that won’t open in OSX 10.13.6. I need to upgrade After Effects to v11.0.4, but I don’t have the updater to do that. I’ve done a little looking on-line but have not found one. Everything seems to lead to getting a new CC account. Which I may have to finally do, even tough CS6 does everything I need it to.

So the big question is does anyone know where to acquire a CS6 updater or After Effects v11 > v11.0.4 updater(s)?


Thank you,
Jay













_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135263) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment