Saturday, April 24, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Where is my dream GPU???

I googled around and power spec for the card says 500 watts.  I read conflicting specs on what the Mac Pro has power wise.  I read 75 watts through the PCIe bus and 150 watts each through the 6pin mini connectors on the mother board for a total of 375 watts, but someone said they though it was on 75 watts for each of the mother board 6 pin mini connectors.  Did you have any power issues or did you have to do a pixas mod?  I would think even 375 watts would be a bit limiting to a GPU that wants 500 watts


On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 07:54 PM, <pale.edit@gmail.com> wrote:
That’s the identical card I had.  It worked very well and I never missed the boot screen.  

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:24 PM John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:
So I found one on Amazon that I'm going to try.  I've been told it's good bye boot screen but this is my last ditch to keep this Mac Pro alive for front line edit use.

Sapphire Radeon 11265-05-20G Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI/ DVI-D/ Dual DP OC with Backplate (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card Graphic Cards

 

 


 I also picked up a dual mini 6pin to 8pin power cable:
COMeap Dual Mini 6 Pin to 8 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Adapter Cable for Mac Pro Tower / Power Mac G5 15-inch(38cm)
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135219) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment