Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Where is my dream GPU??? Now Installing Mojave

So it just gets better and better.  I had an installer for Mojave on the desktop of my old iMac that worked on it.  I put it on the desktop of my mid 2012 mac pro and launched it and got this screen:


Note the only option is to quit.  I have the RX 580 so WTF???  After finding an old link to how to get old OS installer I clicked on it and there was the link to but it didn't want to play nice.  I finally found out the link only works when launched in Safari and I was in FireFox.  F me skipping.  So I trash my install file and launch safari and go through the whole download from apps store and when it finally launches the installer after down loading I get the same screen as above.  This is how I know someone up on Infinite Loop Lane in Silicon Valley is out to mess with me personally.  Then I realized that my expansion chassis was on to I shut down and powered it down and then restarted.  Then I got this Screen:


So I follow those instructions and when it rebooted I relaunched the Install MojaveOS and now it seems to be working although it just restarted and I don't see anything on the screen so who knows,  It chugged for about 8 minutes and then restarted now without a boot screen I'm not sure.  The monitors have turned on but they are black so I'm going to wait for a while to see what happens.  I'm just glad I can share all this fun.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment