Thursday, April 8, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Way OT: searching for 'packages' but not folder/directories or files.

Would .dmg work?
Mac used to have a different extension for these,
but that has been quite awhile.


On Apr 8, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

This is super extra OT, but hoping that I can find some help here that doesn't go to far unix guru (because I'm not that smart).

I'm on a Mac, OS 10.13, and I want to search through some old backup drives and find all the 'packages' but just the packages and not things that identify as regular folder/directories or regular files.

Packages being things like Applications, .photolibraries, installer packages, etc.  They are technically a directory, like a folder, but present at a file.  So if you do a command line list (ls -l) they have a d upfront.  And at the finder level if you right click on them you get an option to show package contents.

So I'm looking for a way to find anything that is in this weird category, but I don't want to find 'normal' directories and files.

Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or tools to help me do this?


Thank you very much.

Jay







Chip Hess
CFH3 Media
312-806-3840


No comments:

Post a Comment