Saturday, April 10, 2021

[Avid-L2] Where is my dream GPU???

My mid 2012 MacPro may need a GPU lift so I can get to an OS that will run Resolve 17.  I have dabbled around looking and there seems to be a

sapphire pulse radeon rx 580 8gb

that people like for the MacPro 5.1.

I guess there is a rush on GPUs due to bit mining and whatever else in the crypto world.  I thought miners were using super streamline setups to do the mining.  Why is there such a rush on these higher end GPUs?  I thought the more sophisticated GPUs use to much power to make the mining stuff viable.  I'm just spit balling now as it's really looking like it's time to jump back to a PC and use my existing TitanX 12 GB GPUs in a PC tower.

Next to Fonts all these version updates requiring later OS's that aren't compatible with nVidia GPUs are coming in as a really close second to things I hate.  ;-)


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment