Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] OFFLINE

A very sincere thank you to all who took the time to respond.

I am back online.
Parts of the media are scattered over three drives.
One drive - which I had intended as backup only,
had the Avid MediaFiles in the wrong place.

This became an issue when I had to repair the problem drive.

I moved the misplaced media folder and re-indexed all drives.

Bingo!


I don't pretend to understand it, but the drives are all playing together nicely.
Waiting to hear back from Avid to ensure this doesn't happen again!

On Mar 30, 2021, at 4:45 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I have found that sometimes the _bg.X mxf subfolders do not re-index.  I change the name to an unused number and then the data bases will rebuild after I delete the media data base files.  It doesn't always happen but I've seen it often.  You can check the offline media originals to see what subfolder they use to be in.

Chip Hess
CFH3 Media
312-806-3840


No comments:

Post a Comment