Tuesday, February 23, 2021

[Avid-L2] OT: Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 for Mac?

I'm trying to help my daughter at University of Maryland where one of her classes is requiring Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.  This appears to be only available on the apple app store.  I don't see a listing for Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 but I do see one for Microsoft Remote Desktop.  Both my daughter and I can't seem to download the software/app.  At first it said get and I clicked and a progress circle but I didn't find anything in the applications or utilities folder.  My late 2013 iMac is running 10.14.6 and I found an old remote desktop client program that will launch but when I try to update it I get a message the server can't be found.

After hitting get the first time now the icon is a cloud with  down arrow.  I hit that and a progress circle animation starts and goes for 20 to 30 seconds then it turns back to the cloud icon.  No error messages.  I don't see an app in the applications folder or through searching the computer.  This is happening on my daughter's macbook pro 13 inch OS 10.14.6 also. 

She's contacting campus tech support but I'm curious what's going on here.  I've never used this software but it seems there is some glitch in downloading it.  Can anybody shed some light on how it works.  From the document my daughter sent when the program starts it pops up with a window for a contact url or some sort of address number to log into the remote PC environment.  Problem is we can't seem to get or find the software.  It seems even though there is a version history of the app there is no access to legacy versions to try and download them.  What am I missing?  I feel like I'm getting Jobbed in a big bad way here.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment