Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Can't update video properties in QT7Pro when files is on a network drive?


On 18 Jan 2021, at 07:23, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

I recall hearing that QT7Pro or just QT in general had some issues with network drives or something like that.

Yeah, that was probably me :-)

To get around this bug, mount your drives under iSCSI.

Next, (and I don't want to go into all the issues, have other fish to fry), be VERY afraid of Perian.

For outputting a shitload of 'stems to stupid output', use my MXFtoMp4 for unattended fast rendering.

I share the sentiments about the loss of QTref.
(And the both are  examples # gazillion / gazillion + 1 that Apple does not give a rats ass about pro end users. (And +1 means up numbering shit, down voting should be # times - 1, if you understand math)


Bouke

Edit 'B / VideoToolShed.com
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS  Nijmegen
+31 6 21817248


No comments:

Post a Comment