Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] AvidAppManHelper.app

it's still part of the Avid Link engine. You can just quit Avid Link once you have Media Composer up and running. For the Avid Application Manager, try using the Uninstaller to remove, if it's not there, then just delete it.

On Dec 23, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Mark Block via groups.io <eatapc=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

I heard my MacBook Pro (2018) fans running at high speed with no apps running, so I checked Activity Monitor and found the AppManHelper app using almost all the CPU. I've been running Media Composer 2020.10 (on Mojave). Just now I updated it to 2020.12 (finished a job last night; no new jobs until after the new year) hoping the AppManHelper would get uninstalled, but it's still there.

The old Application Manager was replaced by Avid Link some time ago, so why is the AppManHelper app still running? I thought the Application Manager was supposed to be uninstalled, but it's still in the Avid folder in the Applications. Can I safely remove it? TIA <Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 5.11.40 PM.png>

No comments:

Post a Comment