Wednesday, December 30, 2020

[Avid-L2] Adobe Media Encoder V 12.1.2 won't launch?

I've been running the oldest Adobe Media Encoder I could get when I finally went from CS 6 to Adobe Creative Suite a couple years back.  Today it tells me I can't open Media Encoder v 12.1.2 because the grace period has expired.  I can however open ver. 13.1, which I also had already installed.  I know they dropped access to older app versions due to a dolby license or some such thing which is why I can't get a version of Adobe Media Encoder that would still support QT Ref files.  At work I've had an older version that still supported QT Ref Files with a current Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription.

Am I missing something?  Why can't I still launch the AME from 2018 that I installed when I first purchased my Creative Cloud Subscription but can launch AME from 2019?  How am I supposed to access my presets that live in AME 2018?  The error says the grace period is up and I need to purchase a subscription but I have a current subscription otherwise AME 2019 wouldn't work.

I thought once the stopped allowing access to the older versions all the newer ones would continue to be usable at least with the appropriate OS version.  Has Adobe decided you can't run any version older than approximately two years?  This makes no sense as some people have to stay at a certain OS level for infrastructure needs.

Is this just a fluke I'm experiencing?


John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment