Thursday, November 12, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] MC/Big Sur Qualification

No worries. I didn't take offense.

My question is, however, I always assumed Avid would get early betas of upcoming OS's and work to qualify in parallel. Guess it's not that simple.

Because my Mac desperately wants me to upgrade my OS and won't stop reminding me. But I'm functioning well on Mojave 10.14.6 and wound't dream of upgrading in the middle of a show unless I was backed into some sort of inescapable corner — which it felt like I was this morning.

D

David Dodson




On Nov 12, 2020, at 3:43 PM, Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com> wrote:

It wasn't a dig on you - just saying Avid's notorious in lagging support for current Mac OS, and today's the day of release for Big Sur. Of course, I have a certain appreciation for the qualification process, but sometimes I'm stuck, like when I gotta get a new system (with Apple's mandatory current OS pre-installed) and there won't be a version of MC or PT that supports it for months.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 5:41 PM David Dodson <davaldod@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, cut me a break. I'm now cutting two big budget features simultaneously. I can't tell you what month it is, much less where Apple is with its OS releases.

D

David Dodson




On Nov 12, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Mark Spano <cutandcover@gmail.com> wrote:

MC OS support on the day of release? This is surely one of the funniest posts in a long time. I needed that…

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 4:29 PM David Dodson <davaldod@gmail.com> wrote:
Having iMac issues. Can't access browsers. Quick question...

Is MC 2020 qualified for Mac Big Sur (11.0.x)?

Thanks,

DD

David Dodson
davidadodson@sbcglobal.net
818-523-0905








No comments:

Post a Comment