Saturday, October 3, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Resolve and Avid same machine

I've been on Avid for decades but recently decided to take the free Resolve 16 for a test drive with several feature projects. I have an HP Intel i7 processor with 32 gigs of ram. For long form content (90+ minutes) it has been working out okay BUT it mos def random crashes more than I would like. Also outputs have been somewhat hit and miss. I wound up doing a very slow render setting to make the outputs more stable. I've also noticed strange glitch, random artifacts on certain short shots and title cards. Not really sure what is causing this to happen. The bottom line is it's free!!! The color correction and audio tools are amazing! I'm sure with time it will just keep getting better and more stable!

Arthur Springer



On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 9:33 AM alan harris <alan_harris@rushpost.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up an edit station for a primary purpose of cutting offline drama and doc on avid but I feel I'm under utilsing my skillset since I was a former online linear editor and a DS user.

I'm going to branch out and I have decided on diving into the world of Resolve and plan in the future to be using it to grade and cut shorter form content.

For a machine, at an entry level I believe my choices are a Z440 with a 8G graphics card, or a Z4 with an 8g graphics card.

Are any of you runnning these setups? I would love to know your experiences.

Thanks,

Alan

--
  alan harris
  alan_harris@rushpost.com





_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134867) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment